Gluten Free Coconut Flour Chocolate Cupcakes
18 Dec, 2014
½ cup of Melrose Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
¾ cup of sugar
5 eggs (at room temperature)
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of Melrose Organic Coconut Flour
½ cup of cocoa powder
¾ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
¾ cup whole milk
- Pre heat oven to 180˚C. Place cupcake liner into a muffin tin (12)
- Using an electric beater, combine the coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg at a time to the mixer and then beat on high for 3minutes.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
- While mixer is running, add the dry ingredients and milk.
- Once all ingredients are combined, mix on high for 5minutes.
- Spoon batter equally into the muffin tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 26-30minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for 10minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- They can simply be eaten as is or you can add your favourite frosting (we’ve added some choc-chips for a gooey, sweet touch!)