Coconut Flour & Raspberry Lamingtons
20 Jan, 2015
*Gluten Free *Dairy Free
Makes approx. 20 squares
½ cup of Melrose Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
¾ cup of sugar
5 eggs (at room temperature)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of Melrose Organic Coconut Flour
½ cup of frozen or fresh raspberries
¾ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
400ml Coconut Cream
2 ½ tablespoons of raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
Desiccated coconut for coating
- Pre heat oven to 180˚C. Grease and line a 7x11 tin (we greased with coconut oil in place of butter).
- Using an electric beater, combine the coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs (1 egg at a time) into the mixer, and beat on high for 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
- While the mixer is running, add the dry ingredients and the milk.
- Once all ingredients are combined, mix on high for 5 minutes.
- Fold the raspberries into the cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the surface is golden brown.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- Cut the cake into squares and allow to completely cool before coating.
- Sift the cacao/cocoa powder into a bowl of coconut cream and stir until combined. The mixture may be placed in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to ensure the powder is well dissolved into the cream.
- Allow cream mixture to cool and begin placing the lamington pieces into the cream.
- Cover in the desiccated coconut.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.