Gluten Free Flax Crust (covers approx. 8 chicken tenderloins)
11 Mar, 2015
1 cup Melrose Organic Coconut Flour
2 Egg (Lightly beaten)
1-2cups Melrose Organic Rolled Flaxseed or Melrose Organic Golden Flaxmeal
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Mix the salt and pepper with the Coconut flour and place the ingredients onto a plate.
- Using another plate place the lightly beaten egg and on another plate place the Rolled Flaxseed or Flaxmeal.
- Using a meat of your choice place the meat into the Coconut Flour and coat all over.
- Move the meat into the egg and cover
- Lastly cover the meat with either the rolled flaxseed or Flaxmeal
- Repeat until all meat is covered.
- Using a frying pan, add the refined coconut oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Once hot place the meat one by one into the pan.
- Over a low to medium heat cook the meat until the crust is a golden brown colour and meat is cooked through
- Serve immediately with your favourite sauce.
Crumbed Chicken Strips were used in the photo accompanied by Melrose Organic Dijonnaise Sauce.