Balsamic Quinoa Salad with Roasted Pumpkin, Walnuts & Greens
15 Jan, 2016
(DF, GF, VEGAN)
1 cup organic tricolour quinoa (best to cook quinoa the night before)
Small butternut squash pumpkin (cut into small squares)
½ cup baby beetroot (roasted/ canned – cut into small chunks)
120g fresh rocket/spinach mix (washed)
Ingredients (Salad Dressing)
Pinch of Celtic sea salt
3 tbsp. Melrose Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2- 3 tbsp. Melrose Organic Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp. Sweet Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- Rinse Quinoa and soak for about 15 minutes (this helps to rinse off saponins, which may cause bloating in some people)
- Cook Quinoa for about 15 minutes - use 1 cup of quinoa to about 3 cups of water. Strain and leave to cool.
- Roast pumpkin for about 20 minutes on 180.c or until golden brown. Set aside and cool.
- When pumpkin is relatively cool, you can start preparing the salad. Combine all salad ingredients together and set aside while you prepare the salad dressing.
- Combine salad dressing in a bowl and pour over the salad, ensuring it is all well combined. (Adjust dressing to your liking by adding more/less olive oil and balsamic vinegar).
- Serve & Enjoy!